7/7/08

History: LCP04

Once in a while a project just stands out. Since I started doing these public seasons, showing off my own God given talent. Lego Church Project for 2003/2004 is one of those.

What makes LCP04 stand out so much is that I went in a different direction than I have in the past. Most of the time it was to build the biggest church I could with the Lego that I had on hand. This time I went smaller. I also went with a layout that has never been really done since and one that at some point I would like to try again.

The build itself presented several challenges. The main one being setting up the alter. You will notice that the Priests are sitting on the side. That is how it's done over at Mt. Zion Catholic Pastoral Center. The reason for this is because of how big the the back row of windows is. Something I carried over from LCP03. The bell tower itself had lever that you could move that rang the bell. Which was fun when the kids got a chance to see it. The other challenge came when I tried to build the truss system for the roof. I had to create a few long beams to run across at some point to support the main truss system that also was used to support the lights.

As far as displays go.. this was the project that started my trips to St. Helen's For Christmas. This is also the project that was shown in the local news paper "The Saginaw News". I think I did at least four or five displays with this project.

I really didn't want to take this one down. I had such a good run with it. This is one of those rare ones that I consider a personal favorite of mine. This one set the stage for several other projects and might be the source for a few ideas that I'm working on for LCP Season 10.

I hope you have enjoyed this little trip down the history road. I know I have. Till Then.

-

No comments: