7/6/08

Some more history: LCP03

It's been a busy last few days. I'm sorry I haven't updated this blog in a while. So I figured I would fire off another round of history of the Lego Church Project.

This post is about the infamous Lego Church Project for 2002/2003.

I've always had trouble with this project. It was the first one in a while that I almost considered it some kind of disappointment. Mainly because some of the ideas I had at the time just simply did not work out as well as I would have hoped.

That being said, however, does not take away from the fact that this project has one of the largest back windows ever in any of my project. A theme that would carry over into the following season.

You have to understand something about my work though. As an artist I tend to be more critical of how I do things. It's not uncommon for me to see something and see all the mistakes that I have done. In the end though, as long as the people enjoy it, that's what counts. LCP03 may have had some issues, but it still is a sound project that has tested the times. I've often gone back to the few pictures I have to gain new ideas for up coming works.

Ya know though, sometimes my memories are faded about some of my works. The little mental notes that remind me of what they were all about. Even with the pictures it's hard to generate full memories on what happened to it.

LCP03 in my opinion is a direct follow up to LCP02. Meaning that various themes and ideas directly carried over from the previous project. Some of the same building styles were used. Not so much a direct copy, but rather LCP02 was the base from which LCP03 was built.

LCP03 was the last of the wider style projects. Meaning that after LCP03, all other works stayed on the work station with no hang overs. Hard to move it though a door. LCP03 was also one of the few that didn't use a bell tower.

Overall it still was a fun project to work on. While my memories of this project are few. I'm just glad I still have them. Take care and we shall chat later. Till Then.

-

1 comment:

Patricia Blankenship said...

I can identify with your post. I was visiting a friend one afternoon and spied a beautiful woven throw lying on her sofa and remarked at how pretty is was. She immediately began laughing and told me it was the one I had woven for her five years ago.

Talk about forgetting the details of former projects! I forgot the whole blooming thing.

I look forward to photos of the next project!

God bless.

Patricia