10/11/08

Immaculate Conception Catholic Church display report

Last Sunday I had the chance to take the Lego Church for 2008/2009 down to Lapeer MI for the second of three planned seasonal displays. In this case the project was taken to Immaculate Conception Catholic Church. About a 45 min drive from my parents place in Flushing, MI. Which is where I set up as a second point when I'm coming in from Saginaw.

The display was featured as part of the the monthly KofC breakfast that the parish has each month. Considering the amount of driving that I had to do, this was a very wonderful and rewarding trip. It's displays like this that really remind me of why I enjoy doing this.

First time displays are always a trip and a half. You never know how people are going react to your work. In this case people really got a massive kick out of my project. It was well worth the drive. I also want to thank in addition to the families of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church for treating me very warmly, I also want to thank Mike C, of Michael's Consulting for making the trip with me as well. (like to his site is on the side bar of this blog!)

God was truly alive in this place. I also got some new ideas for my 10th season of the Lego Church Project! I know it's early, but it's never too early to start thinking about what needs to be done for next season. Several ideas are being tossed around right now.

So to my readers.. check out the pictures, what kinds of things should I try and build for next season? Anyway that's all for now.. Till Then.

-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Given the past election, in my judgment it is time to start building Lego catacombs.