9/17/08

Looking for resources

I have a 96 Lumina APV that is about to give up the holy ghost at some point. I won't go into the list of problems but the end result is because I'm on SSI, finding a replacement for the Lumina will be almost impossable with out some kind of extra help.

The reason why I need another mini van or a small truck, is simple: So I can contuine to take part in various voulnteer events. These include part time voulenteer help at TCT affliated WAQP in Saginaw, MI as a camera operator. Amateur Radio operator who helps out with the club events for SVARA (www.k8dac.com). As part of the Amature Radio Emegerency Services (ARES). Active member with Saginaw County Citizens Corps. And of course the work I do with the Lego Church Project. Most of these events that I take part in require that I am able to get a ride by myself to these events.

The problem that I have, is that I've been spending the last hour or two trying to see if I can find some services to help me address my needs online. I've run into nothing but brick walls.

So I ask the blog sphere, Do you guys know of any resources Catholic or otherwise that I could look into? Stuff that may not be easily found via Google?

If you know of something and don't want to leave a comment.. you can e-mail me directly at: ZorronX@gmail.com

Till Then.

-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can offer no help, but I did enjoy the first sentence.

The Catholic Journeyman said...

This may sound obvious...Catholic Charities? If you havent called them (diocese local) you should.

They hepled move a parrishoners family of 5 people I know (one who has a steady job as an R.N.) from Tampa to Baltimore.

Seriously call them and let me know if they dont respond.

-Dave

The Catholic Journeyman said...

JM - any luck on the resources?
-Dave